• Total Topics: 90
  • Online Today: 17
  • Online Ever: 66
  • (April 19, 2020, 09:34:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

July 14, 2020, 00:01:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News

Come along and say hello on The War of the Solstice discord server

Author Topic: Lom fan here! I step in this awesome project...  (Read 1221 times)

Offline massenzio

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Lom fan here! I step in this awesome project...
« on: March 22, 2020, 13:53:50 PM »
Dear guy,
When i was twelve, during one bike trip to the only computer shop i know, after i entered inside i see the owner totally immersed playing this strange game, consider that I'm Italian and those time i knew just a very very little of the Shakespeare language, but, i look him and i was lured by this game, damn for a little nerd, with d&d in mind, this is something incredible to see...
I manage to play this game so much without even winning one game, i an infinite number of defeat, massacre, doomdark laughed on my effort...
Luxor, morkin, all the lord of the free were killed in so many ways that i don't remember.
None of my friends were able to finish it, we were too young and too dumb to find a way to resist the doomdark hordes.

This game stay in my head and sometimes i think about it, now I'm in quarantine (covid19) spread my land like the frozen spread in the LoM lands, as an old nerd i think that this is time to beat doomdark ass, so thank a lot for your work, cause i manage to install it on Linux (via wine) and i really appreciate the new dress lom have thanks to your efforts.
I have an error when it start (some critical blabla) but apoear to work so indded i really don't kniw what is it.

Thanks again, time to help Luxor... :-)

Offline FrozenEmpire

• Administrator
  • Rider
    • View Profile
    • FrozenEmpire
Re: Lom fan here! I step in this awesome project...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 21:00:19 PM »
Hey!

Many thanks for sharing your memories of this game.
Hopefully you are now a few years older and wiser to find a way to defeat Doomdark :)

I'm impressed you got it working on Linux, it was never tested on that platform!

If you also use Windows, then check back now and again over the next couple of months as I intend to get the new version released which should further improve the game experience for you.

Wishing you good health