• Total Topics: 90
  • Online Today: 9
  • Online Ever: 66
  • (April 19, 2020, 09:34:03 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 8
Total: 8
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

August 06, 2020, 01:51:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

News

The forum including all it's registered users and content has been migrated to SMF for an improved experience... thanks for checking in ! Your usual login should still work on this new forum, where you may be asked to create a new password when logging in for the first time.

Author Topic: Unity build preview  (Read 1712 times)

Offline FrozenEmpire

• Administrator
  • Rider
    • View Profile
    • FrozenEmpire
Unity build preview
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:00:00 PM »

Iíve been asked a couple of times recently for progress updates, so thought I would share the current status in March 2019 ????

The wheels are still turning, although as always its taking longer than expected to iron out the numerous details that need to be finalised. I guess thatís part of the problem of not working to a deadline Ė it can take as long as it takes. Having said that, Iím really looking forward to the point where I can switch from the LOM scenario to the DDR scenario in the futureÖ I think it will bring a new sense of progression to the whole project.

So what are the main headlines outstanding until a Unity build can be released ?
  • Graphic settings screens
  • Load / save game screens
  • In-game Guidance text overlays
  • Animations for 3D characters in front
  • Add frozen wastes to terrain map
  • Add location detail maps
  • Final details on various graphical items
The actual core game itself is playable at the moment, so it is very much about finishing the above supporting screens together with finalising quite a few graphical details.

This last couple of weeks I decided to take a detour from Windows and try to build the project for the Mac OSX platform. Itís the first time ever that I did anything on a Mac, so also a bit of a learning curve to get through. Also the first time I applied cross-platform considerations to my development, so there was some rework to be done in removing dependence on Windows libraries in the core plugin. That and some specific considerations for the Mac platform (like the path separator being opposite to Windows!), and the project finally got built successfully and runs quite nicely on a MacBook Pro around ~25fps.

Now that the detours over, Iíll be getting back to the main open points and pushing on to completion. Iíll leave you with a short clip of some initial steps in the gameÖ going South from the Tower of the Moon, and coming upon the Hand of Dark with itís audio/visuals 🙂

https://youtu.be/Fr-nH4IV1tQ
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 22:38:49 PM by FrozenEmpire »
Wandering around Midnight

Offline Elohem

• Beta Testers
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Unity build preview
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 15:10:29 PM »
Great to see the screenshots and the video looks fantastic. Keep up the great work!

Offline Morkin

• Beta Testers
  • Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 23:27:49 PM »
It's been quite a while since the last update.  Do you have any new info on how things have progressed or a rough idea when we might see a release?

Offline FrozenEmpire

• Administrator
  • Rider
    • View Profile
    • FrozenEmpire
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 21:22:09 PM »
There is definitely progress... I'll try to round up a summary soon.

As for ETA, don't want to set any expectations as yet. Progress varies considerably from month to month according to intensity of life :)
Wandering around Midnight