Forum Replies Created
January 14, 2016 at 10:45 pm in reply to: [Bug Fixed in 188.8.131.52] Recruited lords not fighting #848
I have sent you my savegame by email where I’ve found a couple of bugs. First of all, it does not seem all that important but if Luxor picks up a Wolfslayer Sword, he drops the Moon Ring! I think he’s not supposed to do that, is he? The funny thing is that, even though the text says the Moon Ring is dropped, he does not lose his powers of Vision and Command. You can see where Luxor dropped his Moon Ring near where he is located right now.
Second, and most important, comes the fact that some battles are bugged. Check for instance my Lord Blood and my Lord Shimeril. They are both in keeps surrounded by hostile forces, but they don’t fight! You can press Night and you will see some battles (Morkin’s, for instance) but Shimeril and Blood keep in good friendship and share mead with the Doomsguard!
Hope it helps! Good job, though! It’s exciting playing and adventuring again. I would be looking forward for new maps or campaigns ?
January 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm in reply to: [Bug Fixed in 184.108.40.206] Recruited lords not fighting #850
Short update: I managed to get to the bottom of your reported issues above, which are in fact directly related! The dropping of the moonring was key to the fact that recruited lords were then not being seen in the battle locations, therefore they did not fight in the battle algorithm! This has now been fixed in 220.127.116.11 which is in preparation…
January 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm in reply to: [Bug Fixed in 18.104.22.168] Recruited lords not fighting #849
Let me see if I can recreate your reported issues which is >50% towards solving them.
In 22.214.171.124 I have added the ability to continue an existing campaign from the main menu screen. It will recognise if the entered campaign name exists already and give the option to continue rather than start a new campaign…
This is only a temporary update… finally you will be able to select from a list of the saved campaigns stored on disk… something for a future release.
After checking in the code it appears to be deliberate (if the recruiter is in battle, then they are not able to approach any other character in the same location – presumably they are preoccupied with their own imminent threat!). The logic was inherited here and it would be interesting to know whether other remakes still have the same logic… I’ll leave this open to other feedback for the moment…
January 14, 2016 at 9:41 pm in reply to: [Bug Fixed in 126.96.36.199] Recruited lords not fighting #836
I will try to recreate what you have experienced there – something doesn’t seem quite right with the battle algorithm from what you are describing.
Mmmm, ok I will do some more testing on this at the weekend and see if I can reproduce it.
In the lom\scenarios\default\saves directory, for the campaign you are running there is a .mdb database file which actually contains the results of all the indiviudal battle rounds that occur each night.
As a self confessed nerd, you might like that 🙂
It might also prove useful to try and locate what is happening in a bit more detail.
Many thanks for reporting it.
Thanks Kevin, my initial thoughts:
(1) I have no clue whatsoever about this issue. I even had to look up what is PlayTV! Let’s see if others report similar issues ?!?
(2) This was a quick improvement on the initial situation but as noted in the release notes, will be further improved with more time. I will add a page which shows existing campaigns in graphical format from which you will be able to choose one. But that needs more than a quick fix!
(3) Patience dear Kevin! Patience! I’m focussing on the gameplay issues with 1st priority rather than the nuisance from pressing Ctrl+X instead of an icon.
(4) Interesting one. I never experienced that. I think we need to gather some other experience and see if it’s a common issue…
The above changes are now incorporated into the patch release 188.8.131.52
I tried to elevate some of the more significant locations eg blood, ushgarak, xajorkith… just to try and break the flat terrain and make it a little more realistic… glad you like it.
More good feedback, many thanks!
1. I recruited Shadows with Morkin (as I was sending him North), he had 1 hr of day remaining. When Shadows was recruited, he too only had 1 hr remaining.
2. The above same happened when Luxor recruited Gard.
3. Shadows became utterly tired after 2 days, and is predominantly so for as long as I continued to play.
4. Luxor became utterly tired in 3 days.
5. I sent Rorthron North to recruit the elusive Korinel the Fey, but he was utterly tired so often, that it was impossible to reach him before the doomguard got him. (I can normally get to him in 4 or 5 days)
6. Rorath was utterly tired as soon as recruited.
1&2: This was a scenario option which has now been turned off
3,4&5: Bug has been fixed which was causing double energy drain for the character!!
6: Tried to reproduce this but when Luxor recruited Rorath, he was utterly invigorated?
Ditto, struggling to reproduce it…
Please send through a save game if you can.
Glad you like the audio 🙂
Hi, I’ve tried a few times to reproduce this behaviour, but with no success…
If you are able to reproduce it, perhaps you could send me the save game position the night prior to it occuring, then I can reproduce it here.
To send the save game, in the \lom\scenarios\default\saves directory you will find 2 files with the campaign name (1 .mdb and 1 .mes). If you can email those to me at email@example.com, then I will be able to continue from where you last saved…
I have noticed that it has an annoying habbit of reverting to the start screen and running through thr setup routine if you switch to full screen via the windows full screen icon.
Yes going between fullscreen and windowed mode/changing to another monitor/starting or stopping certain other applications whilst running ==> all these actions trigger a reset of the Direct3D device and I currently handle that by reloading all resources. Suggest to avoid doing that for the moment if it’s annoying!
4) The buttons on mine disappear when I’m playing, but moving cursor over them brings them back, space sends me to second set, but none flick back and fore.
The icons at the bottom of the screen are designed to auto-hide when the mouse moves out of close vertical proximity on the main view screens! On other screens they are visible all the time due to the need for action.
Main reason: I wanted the option to take screen shots with minimal overlay objects
Given that Andrew has used tbe box art for the start screen with no problems, I assume all all checked and verified through Chris W
Checked and verified might be stretching it a little, but I’ve had no feedback until now to suggest that it would be an issue.