Version 1.0.2.1

Home Forums The War of the Solstice Feedback Version 1.0.2.1

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Luxor 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

wishmaster
    Participant

Been trying the new Version 1.0.2.1 and have the following observations and problems (please excuse apparent bluntness, easier to write then down straight though!):

(1) PlayTV keeps appearing after closedown. I now have lots of apparent short clips, where are they stored? And why? What is it? Where did it come from? How did it appear on my PC? I’ve not done anything to save (or want) these clips.

(2) You have to remember name of a campaign to be able to continue it. Could this not be stored and the user selects from a drop-down box?

(3) Still no exit button from actual game screen, only on loading screen. This is quite annoying.

(4) In full screen, sometimes in window too, the menu buttons do not appear. Pressing space they flick to the secondary menu set, space again and all is gone apart from a very brief showing the main set.

Luxor
    Keymaster

Thanks Kevin, my initial thoughts:

(1) I have no clue whatsoever about this issue. I even had to look up what is PlayTV! Let’s see if others report similar issues ?!?

(2) This was a quick improvement on the initial situation but as noted in the release notes, will be further improved with more time. I will add a page which shows existing campaigns in graphical format from which you will be able to choose one. But that needs more than a quick fix!

(3) Patience dear Kevin! Patience! I’m focussing on the gameplay issues with 1st priority rather than the nuisance from pressing Ctrl+X instead of an icon.

(4) Interesting one. I never experienced that. I think we need to gather some other experience and see if it’s a common issue…

Draygor
      Participant

Just played it for a few hours again.
      Very glad to see the fatigue issue sorted – Well Done!

1) I had no issue with Play.TV, my version exited back to desktop fine.
      2) I agree would be nice.
      3) I just save the game and use CTRL-X for now
      4) The buttons on mine disappear when I’m playing, but moving cursor over them brings them back, space sends me to second set, but none flick back and fore.

I will start a new campaign later and play for a few more hours, and see if anything occurs

Wishmaster is right – it’s incredibly good!!

Luxor
        Keymaster

4) The buttons on mine disappear when I’m playing, but moving cursor over them brings them back, space sends me to second set, but none flick back and fore.

The icons at the bottom of the screen are designed to auto-hide when the mouse moves out of close vertical proximity on the main view screens! On other screens they are visible all the time due to the need for action.

Main reason: I wanted the option to take screen shots with minimal overlay objects

wishmaster
    Participant

1) I assumed Play.TV was your doing as it’s nrver appeared eith anything before. Yes, need more people to comment.
    2) Fair comment.
    3) No no mo, I want it all, I want it now, with bells,whistles, fluffy flowers… Now I day!!! OK, take your point….
    4) I’ll see if I can pin my key presses down a bit mote for you.

I have noticed that it has an annoying habbit of reverting to the start screen and running through thr setup routine if you switch to full screen via the windows full screen icon.

BTW: It’s still very good!

Luxor
      Keymaster

I have noticed that it has an annoying habbit of reverting to the start screen and running through thr setup routine if you switch to full screen via the windows full screen icon.

Yes going between fullscreen and windowed mode/changing to another monitor/starting or stopping certain other applications whilst running ==> all these actions trigger a reset of the Direct3D device and I currently handle that by reloading all resources. Suggest to avoid doing that for the moment if it’s annoying!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.