Some improvements.

Home Forums The War of the Solstice Suggestions Some improvements.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luxor 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author

Ilya
    Participant

I have some suggestions about improvements of in-game graphics for LOM.
    It would be very nice to add some graphical additions in LOM, such as different models and textures for villages in domains of different races (Free, Fey and Doomdark’s subjects), maybe also different graphics for keeps and citadels of Free, Fey and Doomdark. Such improvements surely could add some new flavour to the game.

It would be also good to add option “give” in LOM (like in DDR), such as “Give the sword Wolfslayer to another character”.

It would be sensible to reset a shelter in villages, keeps and citadels every night in LOM (like in DDR). It doesn’t make much sense if shelter in willages, keeps and citadels can be found only once per game.

Please forgive my poor English).

Luxor
    Keymaster

It would be very nice to add some graphical additions in LOM, such as different models and textures for villages in domains of different races (Free, Fey and Doomdark’s subjects), maybe also different graphics for keeps and citadels of Free, Fey and Doomdark.

Yes back in the earlier days we were thinking of adding different terrain variants to the model and texture library, however we never got around to it…

Whilst I do agree that it would still be nice to add some variants, I can tell you that any further model/texture development in my books would be channelled straight into a DDR set 🙂

It would be also good to add option “give” in LOM (like in DDR), such as “Give the sword Wolfslayer to another character”.

It would be sensible to reset a shelter in villages, keeps and citadels every night in LOM (like in DDR). It doesn’t make much sense if shelter in willages, keeps and citadels can be found only once per game.

Thanks for these suggestions, I’ll keep them in mind for any alternative scenario option.

Luxor
      Keymaster

Oh, and your English is just fine by the way!

Ilya
    Participant

By the way, I forgot to mention one necessary fix. When Fey’s keep or citadel has been captured by Doomdark and recaptured back, new garrison consists of Free troops. It would be good to fix that – new garrison of Fey’s keep (or citadel) must consist of Fey troops, not Free. Or perhaps it would be even better if new garrison in any recently captured keep would depend on wich forces (Fey or Free) were more numerous in the fight agains Doomdark’s garrison.

Luxor
      Keymaster

The stronghold defeat logic selects the 1st character in the location that is allowed an army and then allows their race to occupy the keep…

However it then went on to override that by setting the occupying race to the free if the original owner was on the alliance… this is what you are reporting above.

I decided to remove the override in 1.0.2.4, so that the former logic now applies

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.