[Bug Fixed in 1.0.2.3] Fluctuating Armies

Home Forums The War of the Solstice Bugs [Bug Fixed in 1.0.2.3] Fluctuating Armies

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Draygor 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Draygor
    Participant

I think there may be something slightly awry with the calculations of army sizes during battles.

I had Marakith,Thrall and Herath at the keep of Herath and the Doom guard were coming from everywhere. There was in the region of 3000+ riders, and more were on their way. I’m a bit of a nerd, so as I play, I keep an excel spreadsheet open on my other screen to monitor volumes of Warriors and Riders for each Lord, so I can balance out for attacks etc.

While this particular battle was going on, the battle narrative was saying that Marakith had lost 100+ warriors, etc etc. When I checked the armies the same morning against the spreadsheet, he had only lost 25 or so.

On some mornings, they had actually gained warriors, now if this is to simulate some of the doomguard deserting to the armies of the free and fey, that’s fair enough, and I actually quite like the idea.

Just thought I’d best mention it on here.

Luxor
    Keymaster

Mmmm, ok I will do some more testing on this at the weekend and see if I can reproduce it.

In the lom\scenarios\default\saves directory, for the campaign you are running there is a .mdb database file which actually contains the results of all the indiviudal battle rounds that occur each night.

As a self confessed nerd, you might like that 🙂

It might also prove useful to try and locate what is happening in a bit more detail.

Many thanks for reporting it.

Draygor
    Participant

OK, something is definitely freaky about this, I went into battle in Corelay with Luxor, Xajorkith and Ithrorn – each with 600W and 1200R. They only attacked the keep nearest West to citadel of Xajorkith. After night, they each had 1200W and 1200R, even without recruiting.

Luxor
      Keymaster

Hi, I’ve tried a few times to reproduce this behaviour, but with no success…

If you are able to reproduce it, perhaps you could send me the save game position the night prior to it occuring, then I can reproduce it here.

To send the save game, in the \lom\scenarios\default\saves directory you will find 2 files with the campaign name (1 .mdb and 1 .mes). If you can email those to me at andrew@frozenempire.net, then I will be able to continue from where you last saved…

Draygor
    Participant

Another thing – when I get to a citadel or keep and I decide to balance out my Warriors or Riders with those worthy of battle (not Mitharg, Brith, Trorn or Morning), I may post 200 from one of these lesser Lords, and recruit them with those more worthy eg Gloom or Kumar, the narrative confirms the transaction.

When I then select to view all the Lords, it doesn’t show them as being recruited, yet they’re gone out of the Citadel/keep. It shows the balance prior to recruitment, yet they have been deducted from the donor Lords.

Little things like the music, the sound of horse hooves as they gallop through the landscape are making this a standout game!

Well Done

Luxor
      Keymaster

Ditto, struggling to reproduce it…

Please send through a save game if you can.

Glad you like the audio 🙂

Draygor
    Participant

I just sent the relevant files through Luxor

Luxor
      Keymaster

Thanks!

Upon opening your save game, I was presented with your armies of the free having just taken Ushgarak, what a sight ! I never saw that many free armies in one location… 🙂

However to try and find your reported bug, I need a save game from the night before your reported increase in army size if possible ?

Draygor
    Participant

Ahh ok I see.
    I thought it might be like the previous version of the game, where there was new save games every time, without overwriting.

I’ve started a new campaign, and am just about to start the advance re-taking the keeps/citadels etc. As soon as I see this happen again, I will send you the files from the previous night – is this what you require?

Luxor
      Keymaster

There is only one pair of files per campaign now.

Yes if the reported bug is repeatable then to send me the campaign files just prior to the night where it happens would be very helpful.

Next best would be from the night after it happened.

Depends how repeatable it is for you… I can’t seem to make it happen !

Thanks for your feedback

Draygor
    Participant

Hi, I am trying to recreate this issue myself, but have come across another 2 today – I’m not sure if these have been reported or not, that’s why I haven’t started a new topic yet.
    I also wanted to mention, I didn’t ‘patch’ the update, I installed the full game again.
    Scenario 1:
    Gloom (600W, 700R), Morkin & Lothoril (200W, 200R) attacked a keep by Gard, and in the morning it said that Morkin alone slew ?? and the battle continues. Pressed ‘Dawn’ and Morkin was dead, the other 2 lords were outside the keep. This was particularly frustrating, because for the first time in ages, I had recruited and still had alive every character (Inc. Korinel).

I decided to reload the previous game, but Morkin was still dead.

From that point on, every lord that had been entered into battle before the reload, were still where they were supposed to be, but no battle was taking place. The lords were still in the keeps, but so were the Doomguard, they must have come to a truce:-) I quickly clicked through a few days, but they didn’t fight. When I took the lords one step out of the keeps, turned and attacked again, they fought this time.

Scenario 2: (Zipped and sent you both the files immediately upon noticing this)
    Luxor (165 W), Xajorkith (1195W, 1200R), Utarg (1200R) attacked a keep in the domain of Dawn with 250R of the doomguard.
    Outcome:
    The overnight narrative said that Luxor lost 105W and the battle continues.
    Huh?!?!?!
    When I pressed ‘Dawn’ Xajorkith and Utarg were outside the keep not in the battle.
    The order into battle was X,U,L

I like the ‘think’ sequence, where the camera revolves around the character, army or place. Pressing the ‘+’ key, get’s some great birds eye view screen shots!!

Luxor
    Keymaster

Some feedback on a few points above:

Gloom (600W, 700R), Morkin & Lothoril (200W, 200R) attacked a keep by Gard, and in the morning it said that Morkin alone slew ?? and the battle continues. Pressed ‘Dawn’ and Morkin was dead, the other 2 lords were outside the keep

It could be that Morkin dies in battle but the battle continues if the battle location still contains both other free and foul armies…

I decided to reload the previous game, but Morkin was still dead.

The game is auto-saved after each night of battle so this makes sense. Otherwise it would be too easy to undo the nights battles and adjust/replay them.

From that point on, every lord that had been entered into battle before the reload, were still where they were supposed to be, but no battle was taking place. The lords were still in the keeps, but so were the Doomguard, they must have come to a truce:-) I quickly clicked through a few days, but they didn’t fight. When I took the lords one step out of the keeps, turned and attacked again, they fought this time.

Let’s keep an eye on this one… shouldn’t happen any more from 1.0.2.3

The overnight narrative said that Luxor lost 105W and the battle continues.
    Huh?!?!?!
    When I pressed ‘Dawn’ Xajorkith and Utarg were outside the keep not in the battle.
    The order into battle was X,U,L

The narrative seems ok, but displacement from the battle location should only occur when victory goes to the enemy, ie all free armies are defeated at the battle location. Please keep an eye on this one from 1.0.2.3

Draygor
    Participant

OK, all the bugs relating to army fluctuation seem to be fixed Luxor, well done!

The issue with Lords jumping out of keeps, only occurred after I tried to load a game from the previous night. This isn’t happening either in 1.0.2.3.

Excellent version – best yet!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.