[Bug Fixed in 1.0.2.2] Recruited lords not fighting

Home Forums The War of the Solstice Bugs [Bug Fixed in 1.0.2.2] Recruited lords not fighting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Luxor 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

Luxor
    Keymaster

Nix wrote:

I recruited Shimeril and attacked a burning keep northwards, while I went on with Luxor on to Xajorkith (I was just testing). Well, the thing is that I sent Shimeril to a keep with several thousand Doomsguards for tens of days (until Luxor eventually died in Xajorkith) and there was no fighting except for the first day. Lots of Doomsguard gathered in that keep. but apparently kept in friendly terms with my Shimeril…

Luxor
    Keymaster

I will try to recreate what you have experienced there – something doesn’t seem quite right with the battle algorithm from what you are describing.

Luxor
    Keymaster

Nix wrote:

I have sent you my savegame by email where I’ve found a couple of bugs. First of all, it does not seem all that important but if Luxor picks up a Wolfslayer Sword, he drops the Moon Ring! I think he’s not supposed to do that, is he? The funny thing is that, even though the text says the Moon Ring is dropped, he does not lose his powers of Vision and Command. You can see where Luxor dropped his Moon Ring near where he is located right now.

Second, and most important, comes the fact that some battles are bugged. Check for instance my Lord Blood and my Lord Shimeril. They are both in keeps surrounded by hostile forces, but they don’t fight! You can press Night and you will see some battles (Morkin’s, for instance) but Shimeril and Blood keep in good friendship and share mead with the Doomsguard!

Hope it helps! Good job, though! It’s exciting playing and adventuring again. I would be looking forward for new maps or campaigns ?

Luxor
      Keymaster

Thanks!

Let me see if I can recreate your reported issues which is >50% towards solving them.

Luxor
      Keymaster

Short update: I managed to get to the bottom of your reported issues above, which are in fact directly related! The dropping of the moonring was key to the fact that recruited lords were then not being seen in the battle locations, therefore they did not fight in the battle algorithm! This has now been fixed in 1.0.2.2 which is in preparation…

Nixcalo
    Participant

Thank you for solving this! I wonder, however, if this will happen if you let the MoonRing drop unintentionally (i.e., by dying). As far as I know, the characters are supposed to keep fighting even after losing the Ring of Command.

So imagine this scenario. I go with Luxor and he dies, dropping the moonring. What happens if Morking picks up the MoonRing after that (as he is supposed to being able to do?) Will all already-approached lords have been kept frozen in place or will they have kept fighting and dying?

I am going to try this to see what happens.

Luxor
      Keymaster

Yes it was kind of important!

If I’ve implemented the fix as I intended, then all lords will have kept fighting and dying, just that you will not be able to command them and see that if no-one is wearing the moonring, ie Morkin is up against it if Luxor should die !

But please do test this out and report back…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.