Download Full Setup = Size mismatch error

Home Forums The War of the Solstice Feedback Download Full Setup = Size mismatch error

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cass 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Cosmo
    Participant

Tried to download WOTS Win32 1.0.2.4 Full Setup 3 times – no go. Downloaded Patch and Guide without problems.

Luxor
    Keymaster

Hi Cosmo
    Thanks for reporting it
    I’ll have a look tonight to see if I’m getting the same issues and upload a new file if necessary

Luxor
      Keymaster

Hi again
      I downloaded the file without error last night…
      Therefore would suggest you check maybe continuity of your connection during download or perhaps try it from another machine if you’re able to
      Let me know how it goes

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Luxor
    Thanks for fast response.
    I tried with different browsers and from different machine also (with and without use of download manager plugin for Firefox), but download always stops at 58MB.

Luxor
      Keymaster

Hi Cosmo,
      I’ve uploaded a zipped version of the exe file, which you can access via the downloads page.
      Hopefully this will work for you.
      If not, I’m struggling!?!

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Luxor,
    I also don’t understand this. I have tried a few times with zip file and always got an error at around 140 – 160MB. Ordinary I don’t have any problems even when downloading much larger files. Thanks for your help! I don’t know what else can be done here?

Luxor
      Keymaster

Hey Cosmo
      Did you try disabling your antivirus before downloading
      It should really not be necessary as many downloads have been made successfully from these files, but might be worth a go
      Failing that I will upload to a different service that I have eg Acronis Cloud and provide you a direct download link from there
      At least some things still to try ?

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Luxor,
    Yes, I have disabled antivirus and firewall too – just for download.

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Luxor,
    I would appreciate uploading to a different service.

Luxor
      Keymaster

Hey Cosmo
      I’ve emailed you with a couple of alternative links on my Acronis Cloud account.

Cosmo
    Participant

Hi Luxor,
    I’ve downloaded files without any problem.
    Thanks a lot!

schafsheep
    Participant

hey first post πŸ™‚

i think i have the same problem as cosmo… i could download the player guide and the patch file without problems but had no luck with the either the exe or zip file for the latest version.

great work, i dabbled around with former builds and your remake is nothing short of beautiful – an alternative download link would be really appreciated πŸ™‚

greetings!

Luxor
      Keymaster

Hey!

It seems that several people had the same issue now so I’ve opened a support ticket with my web host..

In the meantime I’ll drop you an email with some alternative links

I would be interested in how you get on and any feedback

Thanks for your interest!

Luxor
        Keymaster

It seems that due to the file size, the web host cannot guarantee error free downloading of the file.

I’ve therefore hosted it external to this website and re-pointed the download links there.

So hopefully no more download issues!

cass
        Participant

I can’t download it either, can you give me those alternative links too?

Luxor
          Keymaster

Hey!

I tried the current download links and also had some issues…

I will therefore try to rehost somewhere else and provide new links for the files, maybe via Dropbox or other host.

Please watch this space later tonight
          Thanks

Luxor
          Keymaster

OK I rehosted on Dropbox and updated the links within the text file.

So please try the download process again and let me know how you get on.
          Many thanks

cass
            Participant

Now it worked, thank you very much, and sorry about the double post, I really wanted to download your remake (I even send you an email lol)

Luxor
            Keymaster

No problem at all.. I had been away for a few days and unable to respond.

I really appreciate your interest and would be most interested to hear about your experience with it and any feedback you may have.

I hope you have a reasonably good graphics card to be able to get the most from it… good luck!

cass
            Participant

I’m enjoying it so far, I already played both The Midnight Engine and the other remake by Chris with a friend of mine (We shared characters) Now I’m playing your remake with him, controlling Doomdark’s legions muhahahahahahahaha.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.