Black screen and hanging during escaping the game

Home Forums The War of the Solstice Bugs Black screen and hanging during escaping the game

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marillion78 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Marillion78
    Participant

Hi!

Thank you for the game but i find a bug:

During escaping the game there is a black screen, music continues to play, but nothing more happens, there is no reaction for any keys (just “Reset”), the game hangs at this moment.

The same effect i also always have by pressing the “Escape” key (so i must to avoid to press “Escape” key during playing game).

I have AMD Radeon HD 6570 videocard.

Luxor
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for reporting it

It’s an interesting one because I’m sure I disabled the Escape key!
    Just to confirm you are exiting the game via the Main Menu normally, right?

Clearly something in the shutdown process is failing… and I suspect the fact you have an AMD Radeon could be significant… I know these cards can sometimes behave differently and I could only test the game on the GeForce range.

So to solve a potential Radeon issue will not be easy but I’ll review the shutdown code to see if I get any ideas of how to debug further…

Other than this, the game plays ok ?

Marillion78
    Participant

Just to confirm you are exiting the game via the Main Menu normally, right?

No, by exiting the game via the Main Menu the game hags also. Black screen, music continues to play, but nothing more happens, and no reaction from any keys, except “Reset”.

So to solve a potential Radeon issue will not be easy but I’ll review the shutdown code to see if I get any ideas of how to debug further…

I think you can test your game on virtual machine with different configurations.
    If you need, i’ll give you full configuration of my PC.

Other than this, the game plays ok ?

In general, yes.
    But maybe after several times of Reset the game became to hang more often, so i uninstall it yet.
    Maybe after new installation it will be more stable.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.